Dates confirmed for 2019 Art Spectacular and Art Trail
In 2019 the Art Spectacular and Art Trail will be run as a two day event.
Key dates for 2019 (confirmed)
- Tues 26 March 2019 – Entries open
- Wed 17 April 2019 – Entries close (5pm WST)
- Tuesday 30 April 2019 : Works to be delivered to the Dardanup Hall 9am-5pm
- Fri 3 May 2019 – Exhibition Opening (7pm)
- Sat 4 May and Sun 5 May 2019 – Exhibition in Main Hall (10am-5pm)
- Sun 5 May 2019 – Exhibition closes – Works to be picked up (5pm-6pm) from Dardanup Hall. No works can be collected before closing time. Identification (and authorisation where applicable) will be required before works are released.
- Sat 4 May – Sun 5 May 2019 : Art Trail Open (see individual venues for opening days/times, venues to be announced)
The theme for the 2019 Show is ‘Skywards’ : The judges will be awarding the themed prizes to those entries which address the theme in the most creative and imaginative way.
Generous support from our sponsors in 2018 ensured the event was a great success with prizes totaling over $8000 announced.
We are proud to welcome Quantum Underwriting Agencies as our new Major Sponsor. Together with support from major sponsors DAD Realty and the Shire of Dardanup, our sponsors helped create an impressive prize pool. We thank all sponsors for their ongoing support for this important community event.
A message from Quantum Underwriting Agencies
Quantum Underwriting Agencies (Quantum) is proud to be a sponsor for the Dardanup Arts Spectacular. As we specialise in a wide range of fine art insurances, supporting our local community to celebrate the artistic talents of the many independent and emerging artists in our area is close to our hearts. Quantum has grown to become the largest independent specialist Jewellery, Fine Art and Specie Underwriting Agency in the Southern Hemisphere. Our aim is to provide our brokers with market-leading products delivered with friendly, efficient and professional service. We cover everything from masterpieces to fragile sculptures, with variable or flexible basis of evaluation available. Quantum Underwriting Jewellers Block Insurance covers retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers and producers from small family artisan jewellers right up to multinationals.
We underwrite on behalf of Lloyd’s and London market insurers with A rating or better.
What can you expect to see at our 2019 show
- Category A – ANY SUBJECT (ANY MEDIUM, not including photography)
- Category B – THEME – The artist may interpret and convey the idea of ‘Skywards’ either as representational, or metaphorical, or symbolic, or abstract, or in any other way the artist chooses (ANY MEDIUM, not including photography) .
- Category C – PORTRAIT (not including photography)
- Category D – PHOTOGRAPHY
- Category E – 3-DIMENSIONAL ARTWORK – Includes sculpture, jewellery, furniture, pottery etc
Works in Category A or B can be two dimensional (eg paintings, prints, drawings etc) OR three dimensional (eg sculpture, jewellery, furniture etc).
Works in Category C must be two dimensional only, but not photography.
Works in Category E must be 3-dimensonal.