The Dardanup Art Spectacular opened at the Dardanup Hall at 7pm on Friday 28 April.
The exhibition at the Hall runs from 10am to 5pm on Saturday 29 April and Sunday 30 April. Gold coin entry.
The Dardanup Art Trail commences at 10am on Saturday 29 April and closes at 5pm on Sunday 7 May.
|Shire of Dardanup Art Prize||Winner||Gary Aitken||$1,000||Shire of Dardanup||A20||Tanya Cleveland||Manning Gorge|
|Shire of Dardanup Art Prize||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$200||Mick Murray||A17||Jeana Castelli||Asendance|
|Ferguson Valley Art Prize||Winner||Gary Aitken||$1,000||Dardanup and Districts Residents Association, JW Cross Maintenance||B179||Margaret Gibson||Nature|
|Ferguson Valley Art Prize||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$200||TJ Depiazzi||B212||Jan Hart||Earth, wind, fire and water|
|Sponsors Portrait Prize||Winner||Gary Aitken||$1,000||Lyndendale Gallery , Ferguson Valley Marketing and Promotion, Pepperilly Estate , St Aidan Wines, Dardanup Butchering Company||C231||Sarah McBride||Heidi Anderson|
|Sponsors Portrait Prize||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||200||Colin Holt||C289||Rhys Kenny||Me!|
|Best 3D Artwork||Winner||Gary Aitken||$500||Bendigo Bank||A159||Liam Harris||Triskele|
|Best 3D Artwork – Student||Winner||Gary Aitken||$50||Dardanup Rural Supplies||A169||Chanel Spokes||Canvas of flesh|
|Dardanup Photography Prize||Winner||Richard Woldendorp||$500||Evedon Park Bush Resort||D252||Chris de Blank||Red-tailed black|
|Dardanup Photography Prize||Highly Commended||Richard Woldendorp||$100||John Drinkwater||D254||Jodie Deeley||Pip|
|Best Young Photographer||Winner||Richard Woldendorp||$50||Dardanup General Store||D277||Caitlyn Sainsbury||Crystalise|
|Packing Room Prize||Winner||$150||Adele Farina||C233||Jacqueline Morris||The violinist|
|People’s Choice Prize||Winner||$200||RWK Accounting||TBA 3pm Sun 30/4|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Emerging Artist||Winner||Gary Aitken||$500||Cristal||A148||Jason Wood||Pig hunt|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Emerging Artist||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$100||Wild Bull Brewery||C241||Gail Scott||John Duzevich|
|Shire of Dardanup Best – Secondary School Artist||Winner||Gary Aitken||$300||Simcoa||A160||Liam Harris||Extinction|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Secondary School Artist||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$100||Simcoa||A164||Ned Moran||St Mary’s Church Dardanup|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Secondary School Artist||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$100||Simcoa||B224||Chanel Spokes||Untitled|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Primary School Artist||Winner||Gary Aitken||$150||Nola Marino||B223||Emily Toft||The connected elements|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Primary School Artist||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$25||Nola Marino||A284||Tallen Zabajnik||Untitled|
|Shire of Dardanup – Best Primary School Artist||Highly Commended||Gary Aitken||$25||Nola Marino||A154||Michael Pilbeam||Captain|
Interested in entering the 2017 Art Spectacular ?
Entries Opened 21 March 2017 and closed 11 April 2017.
The Dardanup Art Spectacular Awards are open to all Australian resident persons. For prize details see the Awards page.
Artists may enter pieces in one or more categories (for full details see 2017 Conditions of Entry).
- Category A – ANY SUBJECT, ANY MEDIUM (not including photography)
- Category B – THEME – The artist may interpret and convey the idea of ‘the Four Elements – Earth, Air, Fire and Water’ either as representational, or metaphorical, or symbolic, or abstract, or in any other way the artist chooses (any medium, not including photography) .
- Category C – PORTRAIT (not including photography)
- Category D – PHOTOGRAPHY
Works in Category A or B can be two dimensional (eg paintings, prints, drawings etc) or three dimensional (eg sculpture, jewellery, furniture etc).
Works in Category C must be two dimensional only, but not photography.
Important dates for 2017
- Monday March 21 – Entries open
- Tuesday April 11 – Entries close
- Wednesday April 26 (10am-5pm) : Works to be delivered to the Dardanup Hall
- Friday April 28 – Exhibition opens (7pm)
- Sunday April 30 – Exhibition closes (5pm)
- Sunday April 30 – Works to be picked up (5pm-6pm) from Dardanup Hall. No works can be collected before closing time. Identification (and authorisation where applicable) will be required before works are released.
- Saturday April 29 – Sunday May 7 : Art Trail Open (see individual venues for opening days/times)
Proudly supported by