Dardanup Arts Inc
If you have an interest in working with fellow arts enthusiasts to promote the development of the visual arts in the Dardanup and surrounding regions please consider contributing your time and energy to volunteering with Dardanup Arts Inc. For further information on your possible contribution please contact Ric Stacey (97280184).
The Annual General Meeting for Dardanup Arts Inc was held on 5:30pm on Thursday November 10 at Lyndendale Gallery, 828 Crooked Brook Rd, Crooked Brook WA 6236.
Dardanup Arts Inc organises and runs the annual Dardanup Art Spectacular and Arts Trail. For details of the 2017 event see dardanupartspectacular.com.au
Interested in entering the 2017 Art Spectacular ?
The Dardanup Art Spectacular Awards are open to all Australian resident persons. For prize details see the Awards page.
Artists may enter pieces in one or more categories (for full details see 2017 Conditions of Entry)
- Category A – ANY SUBJECT, ANY MEDIUM
- Category B – THEME – The artist may interpret and convey the idea of ‘the Four Elements – Earth, Air, Fire and Water’ either as representational, or metaphorical, or symbolic, or abstract, or in any other way the artist chooses (any medium) .
- Category C – PORTRAIT
- Category D – PHOTOGRAPHY
Important dates for 2017
- Monday March 21 – Entries open
- Tuesday April 11 – Entries close
- Wednesday April 26 (10am-5pm) : Works to be delivered to the Dardanup Hall
- Friday April 28 – Exhibition opens (7pm)
- Sunday April 30 – Exhibition closes (5pm)
- Sunday April 30 – Works to be picked up (5pm-6pm) from Dardanup Hall. No works can be collected before closing time. Identification (and authorisation where applicable) will be required before works are released.
- Saturday April 29 – Sunday May 7 : Art Trail Open (see individual venues for opening days/times)
Last year’s event
2016 Dardanup Art Spectacular Committee hosted the 2016 Opening on the evening of Friday 29 April 2016
The Opening was a great success and was well supported by the local art community who enjoyed the fine hospitality, good company and the remarkable and extensive collection of Art.
A big thank you to our Sponsors and all those individuals and businesses who contributed their products and services.
Congratulations to our Prize Winners and all those artists who entered our Show.The Exhibition is a fundraiser for the Dardanup Primary School P&C and the Our Lady of Lourdes Dardanup P&F.
The 2016 Dardanup Art Spectacular Exhibition Included Photography Competition and 25 venues on Art Trail. The Art Trail ran from Saturday 30 April to Sunday 8 May.
The Dardanup Art Spectacular Exhibition ran on 30th April – 1st May with a $5000.00 total prize pool. Entry categories were the $1000 Shire of Dardanup Art Prize, $1000 Ferguson Valley Art Prize, $1000 Portrait Prize, $500 Photography Prize, $500 Best Emerging Shire of Dardanup Artist Prize, $250 Best Shire of Dardanup Secondary School Student Prize and $150 Best Shire of Dardanup Primary School Student Prize. Prizes for Highly Commended in all categories as well as Viewer’s Choice Award.
The Committee’s main focus was to showcase the work of emerging artists in the Shire of Dardanup with many prizes available for adults, secondary and primary school artists.
Local sponsors have again supported this community event with the major sponsor again this year being the Shire of Dardanup. In recognition of the Shires ongoing support for this event the main prize is named The Shire of Dardanup Art Prize. The Art Spectacular Committee is also fortunate to have the financial support of many local businesses, industries and politicians who have sponsored the major and minor prizes.
Over the weekend 30 April – 1 May, the Art Exhibition was viewed in the Hall from 10am – 5pm, gold coin donation.
Contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly supported by